Action Aid recherche un Head of Fundraising
lundi 8 février 2016
Pour plus d’info contacter
ActionAid International Senegal
+221 33 869 83 09 ; email@example.com
Action Aid Sénégal est à la recherche d’un Head of Fundraising ou d’un proposal writer pour le compte de son programme. La ressource qui occupera ce poste aura les responsabilités ci-dessous. Les candidatures féminines sont fortement encouragées.
Key Accountabilities / Activities :
· Develop a fundraising strategy to significantly increase income across a range of funding streams, with a focus on raising income from any supporters through regular giving and high value in line with the international fundraising strategy.
· Monitor all activities against targets and key performance indicators (e.g. ROI, attrition rates)
· Produce annual and long-term budgets of income and expenditure and monitor results against them, advising management of any significant deviations.
· Provide regular reporting on the progress of fundraising plan and budget
· Identify and develop opportunities to increase income and improve cost efficiency on an ongoing basis.
· Lead the fundraising department, including conducting regular supervision sessions and appraisals and identifying development opportunities. Also, be responsible for training and coaching of the team as the market does not provide experienced fundraisers
· Communicate key strategic, organizational and external issues affecting ActionAid Senegal and its fundraising activities
· Contribute to the strategic and operational direction and management of ActionAid Seneagl
· Develop and manage relationships and contracts with external suppliers.
· Recruit and oversee the set-up of a High Value fundraising programme to be launched in 2016.
Fundraising Program Delivery
· Ensure systems are in place to manage donor relations, including supporter services, financial processing, financial reporting and a marketing database.
· Test and develop appropriate fundraising products to ensure sustained regular giving, with the aim of increasing income from Senegalese supporters
· Test and develop a variety of channels through which ActionAid Senegal can acquire supporters.
· Manage online fundraising
· Explore the potential of expanding child sponsorship and other individual giving products cost effectively to Senegalese supporters.
· Ensure constant monitoring and refine a supporter retention strategy to build lasting relationships with financial supporters.
· Implement the High Value Program (major donors, companies and foundations) in order to diversify and increase income.
· Oversight of larger grants, where relevant
· Maximize the use of ActionAid’s worldwide fundraising resources to enable the Senegalese fundraising program can be developed as cost effectively as possible.
· Share skills and develop relationships with International Fundraising Team and Fundraising Directors of ActionAid Affiliates and Associates
· Establish and maintain excellent relations with donors
· Make presentations to select gatherings (potential donors) and develop relations on a sustained basis
· Work together with Communications to develop and send feedback materials to donors such as reports, newsletters and website
· Press Relations : work with Communications to raise ActionAid profile in local media in order to support Fundraising actions
Education & Certifications
Applicants must be in possession of a post graduate level qualification in marketing or a related subject.
Knowledge and Experience
At least four years proven experience in marketing, communications or fundraising.
· Minimal two years’ experience in managing and motivating a team.
· Fluent in written and spoken English & French to a technical level.
· Experience in working with customer or supporter/donor databases.
· Ability to demonstrate understanding of customer service and loyalty to enable the development of a sustainable income base for the organization.
· Proven financial management and analytical skills including experience in planning and managing budgets.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to sell ideas and negotiate.
· Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office
· Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
· Leadership and motivation skills.
· Experience/Knowledge of fundraising in the civil society / international NGO environment would be an advantage.
· Relationship building and networking skills
Commitment to ActionAid International’s mission, vision and values as well as relief and development work
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
Experience in managing external agencies such as marketing agencies
· An innovative and creative thinker, able to plan and implement new ideas
· Experience in developing online marketing or fundraising programmes
· An understanding of development and poverty issues and approaches.
· Experience in raising institutional and High Value funds